The Website (the “Website”) located at jones-dilworth.com is published and maintained by Jones-Dilworth, Inc., an Austin, TX corporation (“we,” “us,” “our,” or other similar pronouns).
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using any of our capabilities, software or services that may be made available through the Website; and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy. We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitments to you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, including, for example, the individual’s name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone, wireless and/or fax number, demographic information, employment or education-related information, and/or other information that may identify the individual or allow online or offline contact with him/her. It also includes other information to the extent that it is associated with Personal Information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ON THE WEB SITE? Personal Information is collected as part of the application and registration process on the Website. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, family name, given name, address, email, and phone number. Additionally, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs (“Website Usage Information”).
USER-PROVIDED PERSONAL INFORMATION We also collect Personal Information from persons access or use any capability, software or service that may be made available through the Website, through such users’ activities, submission of information or materials or completion of online forms on the Website and/or registration for use of or access or use of any such capability, software or service, including, for example, when users submit information or materials on or through the Website or such other capability, software or service, send us an e-mail, or in any other way submit Personal Information to us via the Website.
HOW IS THE PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?We may use your Personal Information:
- to operate, maintain or improve the Website, any capability, software or service that may be made available through the Website or our business;
- to respond to your requests or inquiries;
- to support auditing, legal or compliance functions;
- to contact you, including to request your feedback on any of our capabilities, software or services;
- to keep our capabilities, software and services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention);
- to manage your account; and/or
- to maintain our internal record keeping.
- We may also link this information with other information that you provide to us or that we obtain from other sources and Website Usage Information (as defined below). We may analyze user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of, the Website and/or any capability, software or service that may be made available through the Website and e-mails, both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WEB SITE USAGE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS? We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your Personal Information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your Personal Information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Compelled Disclosure: We may disclose Personal Information to government authorities, and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities or regulators, at our discretion, or otherwise as required or permitted by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders and subpoenas, regulator requests or to enforce our legal rights or agreements with you or others. We also may disclose Personal Information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of the Website, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- We have not disclosed or sold any Personal Information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months.
SERVICE PROVIDERS We may use third-party partners to help operate the Website and/or any capability, software or service that may be made available through the Website, and, as discussed above, may share your information with our affiliates and related entities, service providers and other third parties that provide products or services for or through the Website and/or any capability, software or service that may be made available through the Website or for our business (such as Web site or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf).
AGGREGATE STATISTICS We may disclose aggregate statistics regarding user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of, the Website and e-mails to third parties in the form of aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.
SECURITY While we will endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information provided to the Website and/or any capability, software or service that may be made available through the Website, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care. If you contact us by e-mail or a “contact us” or similar feature on the Website and/or any capability, software or service that may be made available through the Website, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view information you send by these methods in transit. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
CALIFORNIA SPECIFIC PROVISIONS California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us.If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with us, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on our services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed by us, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g., backups, etc.).
CHILDREN Minors under the age of 18 may not use the Website. We do not collect or maintain information from anyone known to be under the age of 13, and no part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 13.
INQUIRIES If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective since: October 31, 2023